COVID-19 Tests We Offer
At NJ COVID Team, we understand every patient has unique circumstances and needs. That’s why we provide several types of testing, including the following:
- COVID-19 throat swab: This is the standard throat swab test, offered to any patient wanting to test for COVID-19. Results become available within three to five days.
- Travel/surgery COVID-19 accelerated nasal swab: For patients who plan to travel or have a medical procedure planned, this accelerated test can provide results within 48 hours. Patients are required to provide proof of flight or surgery before qualifying for this test.
- Emergency rapid nasal swab test: We offer rapid emergency testing for patients with reduced oxygen levels or those who are suspected to be infected. Results become available after only 20 minutes.
- Antibodies test: This test can tell patients whether they have come into contact with the COVID-19 virus or have had it in the past. It is a valuable tool in tracking the spread of the virus.
Who Can Be Tested?
Though accelerated travel/surgery swabs and emergency rapid tests are restricted to certain situations, anyone can request a standard swab or antibody test. Our only requirement is that you provide your social security number (SSN) or health insurance information, picture ID (driver’s license), and your insurance card. For those that do not have insurance, please bring a picture ID and your SSC. We encourage everyone to get tested as needed, especially if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. These include:
- Reduced sense of taste or smell
- Fever or chills
- Body aches
- Coughing and shortness of breath
- Abdominal (stomach) pain
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Tiredness or fatigue
If you or a loved one has any of these symptoms, please contact a health professional immediately to ask whether testing may be necessary.
Our COVID-19 Testing Process
Patients who arrive for testing should have their insurance card and a government-approved photo ID on hand. If you are requesting accelerated results for travel or surgery, we’ll also ask for proof of your flight or upcoming procedure. We’ll then administer the test. Our standard COVID-19 test is a throat swab, while an antibody test involves drawing a small amount of blood. Our phlebotomists are highly trained and can perform the test quickly and with minimal discomfort.
When results are in, we’ll contact you with a follow-up call whether you test positive or negative. You will also receive a robo call if you are negative for Covid-19. We’ll also send results through mail or email for paper proof when necessary. If you test positive, NJ COVID Team can connect you with a treatment plan complete with medication called into the pharmacy, and regular follow-up calls to monitor your condition. Based on your results and the discussion, additional testing may be ordered.
Visit Our COVID-19 Testing Locations
NJ COVID Team is dedicated to making these tests as accessible as possible to patients. We offer testing seven days per week at the following locations:
- 613 park Ave, East Orange, NJ (Monday to Saturday 7:30am-4:30pm)
- 346 Roseville Ave, Newark, NJ (Monday to Friday 7:30am-4:30pm)
- 1850 Springfield Ave, Maplewood, NJ (Monday to Friday 7:30am-4:00pm)
- UVSO: 475 Irvington Ave, Newark NJ (Monday to Friday 7:30am-4:00pm)
To learn more, contact NJ COVID Team.